11 Facts You Probably Did Not Know About Arthritis
- An estimated 52.5 million adults in the United States report being told by a doctor that they have some form of arthritis. (CDC)
- Arthritis affects women more than men.
- Arthritis may be the oldest disease known to man, dating back as far as 4500 BC. (NewsMedical)
- There are over a hundred different types of arthritis.
- Although the risk of developing arthritis increases with age, nearly two-thirds of people with arthritis are younger than 65, according to the CDC. (CDC)
- Injured joints are more likely to be affected by arthritis.
- Arthritis is one of the leading causes of work disability. (CDC)
- Osteoarthritis is the most common type of arthritis and affects more than 27 million people
- Vitamin D may lower your risk of rheumatoid arthritis. (WebMD) In fact, studies show the farther you live from the equator, the higher your risk of arthritis. (CureConnect)
- Rheumatoid arthritis often goes into remission during pregnancy.
- Weight loss as little as 11 pounds reduces the risk of developing knee osteoarthritis in women by 50%. (HopkinsArthritis)
posted 05/01/2017 in Blog
No comments have been posted.
HTML not allowed, max characters 255, * denotes required field.