Yoga Pose: TriangleYoga Journal, the Triangle Pose can lead to many benefits, including:
- Stretches and strengthens the thighs, knees, and ankles
- Stretches the hips, groins, hamstrings, and calves; shoulders, chest, and spine
- Stimulates the abdominal organs
- Helps relieve stress
- Improves digestion
- Helps relieve the symptoms of menopause
- Relieves backache, especially through second trimester of pregnancy
- Therapeutic for anxiety, flat feet, infertility, neck pain, osteoporosis, and sciatica
Rachel's Tip:In triangle, you want your whole body all on one plane, as if you are sandwiched between two panes of glass. A block can be wonderful to use in triangle to help you maintain length in your spine - bring the block to the outside of your front foot. Gaze up to your top hand or down to your front foot and enjoy the space this pose creates in your body. Yoga Package Giveaway: This post is brought to you as part of Piedmont's Yoga Giveaway promotion on Facebook. For the chance to win a free package of yoga classes to Hometown Yoga, please visit our Facebook page and "Like" or "Share" one of the photos of yoga photos we have posted this week. The more photos you like or share, the better your chances to win! One person will be randomly selected at the end of the week. Thanks for participating! Rachel from Hometown Yoga visited Piedmont last Wednesday as part of our employee fitness challenge and to introduce us to yoga. We had such a great time! See photos here.
posted 05/01/2017 in Blog
Tags: sports medicine
No comments have been posted.
HTML not allowed, max characters 255, * denotes required field.