Kevin Stevenson, M.D.
Neurosurgery in Macon / Spine Surgery in Macon
Kevin L. Stevenson, M.D. is a neurosurgeon and spine surgeon at Piedmont Orthopaedic Complex in Macon, GA. Dr. Stevenson specializes in all aspects of comprehensive spine care, minimally invasive spine procedures and complex spine surgery and spine disorders.
Dr. Stevenson resides in Macon Bibb County with his wife, Sara, and three children. In his spare time he enjoys golfing, traveling and spending time with his family.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- Board Certified in Neurology
- Fellowship in Complex Spine and Pediatric Neurosurgery at University of Washington Hospitals in Seattle, Washington
- Chief Resident in Neurological Surgery at University of Pittsburgh in Pennsylvania
- Residency in Neurological Surgery at University of Pittsburgh in Pennsylvania
- General Surgery Internship at the University of Pittsburgh in Pennsylvania
- Medical Degree from Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine in Maywood, Illinois, Cum Laude
- Undergraduate at Augustana College, Rock Island, Illinois
After completing a Fellowship at the University of Washington Hospitals in Complex Spine and Pediatric Neurosurgery, Dr. Stevenson practiced neurosurgery in a variety of medical settings across the country. He first came to Georgia in 2004, where he served as the medical director for Spine Care for Kids at Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta at Scottish Rite. While in Atlanta, Dr. Stevenson served as an attending neurosurgeon at Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta, Piedmont Hospital, St. Joseph’s Hospital and Northside Hospital.
In 2007, Dr. Stevenson accepted an opportunity to work with Minnesota Neurospine in St. Paul Minnesota. While in Minnesota, he served as an attending neurosurgeon at Children’s Hospital of Minnesota, Regions Hospital, Park Nicollet Methodist Hospital and HealthEast Care System.
Dr. Stevenson returned to Georgia in 2009 to work with the Stefanis Group, and in 2011, he joined the Piedmont Orthopaedic Complex team. Dr. Stevenson offers a variety of minimally-invasive, endoscopic spine surgeries.