In an effort to answer the overwhelming number of calls regarding medication refills, and to serve your needs more efficiently, we have established the following policies:
- If you need a refill of your current medication, please have your pharmacy call our office before noon for a same day medication refill. All prescription calls placed after noon will be filled on the next business day. Medications will not be filled on nights, holidays or weekends. Please check your supplies before these times.
- We do not refill prescriptions for patients who have not been seen by a provider in our practice within the previous six months.
- We do not fill narcotics if you fail to keep your appointment or you have not been evaluated in the previous eight weeks.
- You must agree to use only one pharmacy to fill any narcotic prescriptions. Failure to comply may result in grounds for immediate discharge from this practice.
- Lost or stolen medication will not be refilled or replaced under any circumstances.
- Medications will not be refilled until your account balance is current.
- Once your orthopaedic problem has been treated and you are discharged from this practice, you will no longer receive prescriptions from our clinic.
Patient Policy and Financial Responsibility Agreement
The Medication Policy is part of the Patient Policy and Financial Responsibility Agreement that each new patient signs on their first visit. The policy also includes:
- Authorization to Release Information: Patient authorizes Piedmont Orthopaedic Complex to release information to insurance carriers concerning my illness and treatment.
- Authorization to pay: Patient assigns Piedmont Orthopaedic Complex any outstanding payments due for medical services rendered to my dependents or myself. Patient acknowledges he or she is responsible for any amount not covered by my insurance company.
- Acceptance of Financial Responsibility: All professional services rendered are the responsibility of the patient regardless of insurance coverage and whether or not there is an accident with another person at fault. Insurance is filed as a courtesy to you, but you are ultimately responsible for your balances.
- Notice of Privacy Practices: Patient acknowledges he or she can ask for and receive or retrieve from the company website a copy of Piedmont’s Notice of Privacy Practices and Notice of Individual Rights.
Download a copy of Piedmont's Notice of Privacy Practices
Piedmont Orthopaedic Complex offers a bi-monthly e-newsletter with tips and information from orthopaedic specialists. The email is sent approximately every other month (6 times per year). Although it is primarily for our patients, anyone can sign up to receive the e-newsletter. For the purposes of sending the e-newsletter, we only collect names and email addresses and do not share this information with any third party. Piedmont Orthopaedic Complex utilizes Constant Contact's email marketing services to send the e-newsletters. Participants can unsubscribe at any time by selecting the "Unsubscribe" link at the bottom of the email.